Comix New York
ABOUT: Comix is New York's hottest new comedy nightclub featuring headline comedians and established New York-area comics, the best of cutting edge alternative comedy, improv and sketch comedy as well as music and variety programming.
Perfectly situated in Manhattan's booming Meatpacking District at 353 West 14th Street (just east of Ninth Avenue), Comix draws upon the rich experience of going to the theater uptown but brings with it a decidedly downtown attitude not to mention a very now decor.
- Chic interior design cues -- metallic fabrics, copper and lots of mirrors and glass
- 14,000 square feet, including a 5,000 square foot acoustically-tuned showroom
- 300 seats in an amphitheatre-style setting
- Pure sound and clear sightlines
- Expandable stage
- Ample elbow-room to spread out and indulge in superior cuisine and cocktails
Comix's broadcast-ready, acoustically-tuned showroom, created by SIA Acoustics - the top acoustician team responsible for Jazz at Lincoln Center - has been designed as a TV studio combined with a high-end Las Vegas showroom.
- A 15-foot stage (expandable to 25')
- Three (3) remote-controlled digital cameras and five mountable positions
- A professional audio/visual control room with sound board, editing suite, & dedicated video server
- 54" x 96" motorized screen with a HD-ready projector
- A broadcast-ready, acoustically-tuned showroom
- An infra-red listening system in the showroom
Comix is designed by studioRED's Rebeka Bieber, whose main driving vision was creating a timeless entertainment space:
- A copper-clad custom designed main bar with a warm hand-rubbed finish
- A back bar framed with patented art glass that fuses copper between two pieces of glass
- Bellowing copper metal mesh fabric hangs in the clubs entrance on sliding panels
- A main showroom boasting a contrasting black and oyster color scheme and custom plastered walls commonly associated with forms employed by painter Mark Rothko
- A centerpiece stage framed by tri-colored, deep silky curtains.
- A beautifully appointed lounge boasting a fully upholstered bar and sparkling glass beaded wall
Comix will change the way you view comedy clubs literally. Open seven nights a week, Comix welcomes New York City residents, visitors, private parties, and charitable and corporate events alike.
Comix - Life's Tough. Laugh More
353 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10014
Box Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org